-

Cody reveals that Raw promo was not scripted and was told to go tell his story

Appearing on The Bump, Cody Rhodes said that his promo on Monday Night Raw was not scripted and WWE gave him a live mic to tell the story he wanted and needed to tell.

Saying that every word came from the heart, he mentioned that maybe it sets a good precedent for the future when it comes to promos. “I know what I’m doing with a mic and I don’t need to be told,” Rhodes said.

Rhodes said that he has the WWWF title that was shown in the Dusty photo on Raw and last week he said that it was actually Dan Lambert from American Top Team who owned it and handed it over to him for free because he felt that it should be with the Rhodes family.

On the reaction he received at WrestleMania and Raw, Cody said he was surprised that it was all cheers and no boos and was ready for a more “polarizing” reaction from the crowd.

“I’m an outsider, I broke the throne, I helped create an alternative promotion and I caused an incredible amount of disturbance in this world and it wasn’t a negative return, it was a positive,” Cody said, adding that he loved everything about AEW but it was time for him to move forward with his career.

He mentioned that this weekend was a vindication to show up as him, the character he created after he left WWE. “It felt like a triumphant return,” he said.


Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Colin Vassallo
Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Goldberg starts in-ring training for his WWE retirement match

In a post on his social media, WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg revealed that he has started his...

John Cena with new skin care campaign, reveals past skin cancer diagnosis

WWE Superstar John Cena has teamed up with Neutrogena to be the face of their new "Sunscreen You Can't...

WWE Superstars to take over Clash of Clans video game heading into WrestleMania 41

WWE and Supercell’s popular mobile game Clash of Clans, which has amassed more than two billion lifetime downloads, today...

Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading