-

Sting happy to put opponents over at this stage of his career

Speaking to Rolling Stone while doing the media rounds for this Sunday’s Night of Champions, Sting  said that he’s happy putting guys over at this stage in his career after he was asked if he feels like he’s been brought in the WWE to do the job for others rather than enhance his own legacy.

“I had my time. There’s no question about that. For a guy my age to be where I am right now is, to me, next to impossible. And yet, I’m here,” Sting said. “It’s not about Sting, not anymore. You’re asking a straight-up question, I’ll give ya a straight-up answer. That’s it, and I am just fine with that.”

Sting defended the Raw promo from a few weeks ago where he put over Triple H, the man who beat him at WrestleMania 31 earlier this year. “Triple H is Triple H, and he’s worth the put-over,” the former WCW champion said, adding that despite that, his focus remains Seth Rollins and no one will think about that come Night of Champions.

Addressing the different portrayals of his character over the year, he said some people like the Joker Sting and some people hate it but he practices what he preaches as he tells the younger guys to step outside their comfort zone and try something different. He said that people still ask him to go to the blond Sting, to which he said he does not have enough hair for that anymore! Some people want the Crow Sting but either way, you can’t please everyone.

You can read the full interview at http://rol.st/1UVswfO.


Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Colin Vassallo
Colin Vassallohttps://www.wrestling-online.com
Colin Vassallo has been editor of Wrestling-Online since 1996. He is born and raised in Malta, follows professional wrestling and MMA, loves to travel, and is a big Apple fan!

Stories you might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

LATEST NEWS

Goldberg starts in-ring training for his WWE retirement match

In a post on his social media, WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg revealed that he has started his...

John Cena with new skin care campaign, reveals past skin cancer diagnosis

WWE Superstar John Cena has teamed up with Neutrogena to be the face of their new "Sunscreen You Can't...

WWE Superstars to take over Clash of Clans video game heading into WrestleMania 41

WWE and Supercell’s popular mobile game Clash of Clans, which has amassed more than two billion lifetime downloads, today...

Discover more from Wrestling-Online.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading